Monday, October 25, 2010

There's something about the night...

There's something about the night that I absolutely love. Maybe it's the bizarre way that day and night blend in to each other, in this city. Visit any street, and corner, any strip of land at any time of night and you will see people. Sometimes, the people are just like you- wandering about and exploring. Other times, they're busily on their way from point A to point B. It's not until the early hours of the morning (~4:00AM) that the streets truly empty out. It's at that time that you can walk down Broadway or Madison Avenue and still feel absolutely alone. I'd love to venture out at that time, maybe wake up at 2:00 and head straight out, breaking dawn with the rest of the city and watching as rush hour nears and the streets come to life. Maybe I'll do that, sometime soon. They say that New York is the 'city that never sleeps,' I should get out there and try to catch it napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment